In today’s complex and interconnected digital landscape, brands can no longer afford to simply sell products or services.The demand for transparency,humanizing your brand and creating relationships around your products is not a luxury but a necessity.
The discerning consumer demands not only personalisation but craves for an affiliation and belonging to a greater cause .This has led brands to a need to create a community around their brand in order to connect with customers on a deeper mutual level. A strong brand community can help businesses to:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate leads and sales
- Improve customer loyalty
- Get feedback on products and services from User generated content
- Drive innovation
There are many different ways to build a brand community but the most effective one is the Decommerce community module which does it better than any company in the business. One of the most popular approaches is to create a dedicated online forum or social group where customers can interact with each other and with the brand. Another option that has worked in the past is to host regular events or meetups in person or online where customers can get to know each other and the brand in person.Despite these being some of the methods for community building, they do lack decentralization and often than not brands are almost as if they are held at ransom by centralized platforms that they can not seem to wean themselves from.
No matter which approach you choose to create that engaging pool of your most loyal followers, it’s important to create a decentralized space where customers feel welcome,that their data is safe and valued in a world marred with misinformation and data breach issues.Web3 technology is mitigating this process through greater transparency and little to no reliance on centralized platforms.
The best way to keep these customers engaged has been through the use of loyalty programmes, but new Decommerce technology powered by blockchain and Web3 is enabling gamification to prolong the use of brand technology stacks while encouraging a fun way to maximize loyalty and brand engagement.
Brands are encouraged to make sure that the content they share is relevant and interesting to target audiences. By investing in community building, they can create a loyal and engaged customer base that will help businesses to thrive.
Here are some case studies of how community building in 2023 has helped brands to achieve their business user retention goals:
- Nike:To date has one of the most successful brand communities in the world. The company’s Nike+ running club has over 20 million members who track their runs, share tips and advice, and compete against each other. Nike+ has helped to increase brand awareness, drive sales, and improve customer loyalty.To date Nike Swoosh have generated well over $150 million from selling their limited NFT collection.
- TBO: TBO is a clothing brand that targets young adults. The company has built a strong community around its brand by hosting regular events or competitions and also meetups using Decommerce community building enabler.The company saw an increase of up to 400 000 members who are engaged in its male underwear development and design since its inception in 2020.TBO has also become a beacon and blueprint of what web3 consumers can attain in a safe and engaging environment .Their dedicated online forum where customers can interact with each other and with the brand is now a force to reckon with. TBO’s community has helped to increase brand awareness, generate leads and sales, and improve customer loyalty.
- McDonald’s: McDonald’s is a global fast food chain that has built a strong community around its brand by sponsoring sports teams and events. The company also has a dedicated online community where customers can share their favorite McDonald’s memories and recipes. McDonald’s community has helped to increase brand awareness, drive sales, and improve customer loyalty.
Decommerce is making it easier for brands to start building their communities on their own websites and platforms and thus eliminating the middleman.These communities are a tool that can be used at an enterprise level to mitigate the effects of volatile economic times and act as a safe haven to make sure that your marketing dollars are used effectively as opposed to business running sprints of new customer acquisitions on a month to month.
Decommerce is not a platform that makes it easy for brands to create and manage their own brand communities, they are merely an enabler and promise to give complete autonomy to your business over your own data by hosting your own community. The Decommerce community module provides brands with all the tools they need to create a space where customers can interact with each other and with the brand. Decommerce also offers a variety of features that can help brands to grow their communities, such as:
- User-generated content UGC: Decommerce allows users to share their own content, such as photos, videos, and blog posts. This helps to create a more engaging and interactive community.
- Leaderboards: Decommerce features leaderboards that track user activity. This helps to motivate users to participate in the community and earn rewards.
- Events: Decommerce allows brands to host events and meetups. This is a great way to bring the community together and build relationships with customers.
Decommerce is a powerful tool that can help brands to build strong and engaged communities. If you’re looking for a way to connect with your customers on a deeper level, Decommerce is a great option.
Moving into 2024 and beyond.Community building is now an essential part of any successful brand strategy and customer retention. By investing in community building, you can create a loyal and engaged customer base that will help your business to thrive. Decommerce is a powerful tool that can help brands to build strong and engaged communities. If you’re looking for a way to connect with your customers on a deeper level, Decommerce is a great option for a customer community platform.