All things which once required a lot of human effort are now so easily done using technology, with absolutely no human intervention!
One such cutting-edge technology that provides the next generation solution to handle plenty of problems faced in the conventional parking system is the Valet Parking Automation.
Locating a parking space, driving through narrow paths, and finding a safe spot to park your vehicle is a humongous task with a lot of risks. With automated valet parking, you can score out all the risks and have a safe parking experience.
What is automated valet parking?
Automated valet parking works in a way such that you don’t need drivers to park your car in a safe space anymore.
It is a driver-less system that finds an effective parking space and parks your vehicle with the help of appropriate technology.
All you require is a car that supports this technology and an app on your phone to start this process.
Negatives in the conventional valet parking system
– Wastage of space is a major concern in valet parking. A lot of space is left unused to facilitate the movement of drivers and pedestrians.
The amount of space that could be saved if not allotted for opening doors and passenger movement is twice the amount of the garage itself.
The space occupied by lifts and staircases for drives to make their way in and out of the garage is avoided in automated valet parking.
– Another concern to be addressed is the damage that can be caused to your car while the valet drives it to the parking space. If the parking spaces are small and congested, there are more chances of the car being scratched or jammed accidentally.
– Thefts have been very common in valet parking systems. Most valet parking services don’t hold responsibility for your valuables inside the car.
Why automated valet parking?
Imagine going to a restaurant and using valet parking. What if there is a mishap and your car is hit by another car? Or what if one of your valuables inside the car went missing during the time of parking?
There’s nothing you can do to reverse it! This is exactly why it’s time to switch to an automated valet parking system for a hassle-free experience.
Automated valet parking provides unparalleled security and space efficiency. It saves a lot of time spent searching for free spaces to park the car.
The entire job of parking the car and retrieving it back is automated effectively.
The Amano McGann
The Amano McGann is a parking and security technology company in Minnesota. They manufacture and distribute hardware and software solutions for the parking industry.
The Amano valet system is a service that provides automatic valet parking powered by CVPS (Creating Vision in Parking Systems).
- This system provides the technical support required for a systematic valet parking service.
- It automates a lot of tasks such as ticket generation and tracking, cashiering, fee calculation, and vehicle imagery to detect vehicle damage!
- The barcode technology helps in quick scanning of valet tickets and keeps track of occupancies.
- The large touch screen monitors provide easy controls to move vehicles to and fro.
- The rates can be fixed and manipulated easily. Discounts can also be programmed.
- It consists of mobile POS functionality to validate cash transactions.
This service also provides comprehensive reports on cash inflow, occupancies available, ticket counts, and revenue recaps.
The Amano Valet powered by CVPS provides two mobile solutions. It can either function as a stand-alone solution or as a component of a larger valet system.
The Valet is designed to run on IOS platforms using Apple devices. The app includes features that perform in lane data entry and to track the time of retrieval and delivery of vehicles as well!
Some great features like time-stamping tickets on arrival and scanning barcodes to decode your vehicle are made available with the wireless Bluetooth scanner.
Amano McGann’s automatic valet solution has a lot of features that deliver simplicity and flexibility through mobile technologies. Check their websites for further info.
Bosch and Daimler are the first two companies that have obtained approval from relevant authorities for their automated parking system in the Mercedes-Benz museum parking garage.
It has been approved to be the world’s first fully automated driverless parking function for everyday use.
With Bosch providing the intelligent parking garage infrastructure and the Mercedes-Benz automotive technology, you can get out of your car and just tap your smartphone screen to park your car.
The car automatically moves to the parking space, parks itself, and later returns to the drop-off point as per your convenience.
Obstacle detection is also incorporated so that the vehicle stops automatically when met with any sort of obstacles.
With the number of vehicles increasing rapidly, the need for automated valet parking will rise. Vehicles must be parked close together, which saves a lot of garage space.
Automated valet parking saves more time, provides more safety and efficiency. With intelligent infrastructure and vehicle technology, driverless parking can be effectively implemented.
It’s time to park smart!!!